Facts you need to know about natural wood
- No two pieces of wood are identical which makes each component unique.
- Colours change overtime and gain a more uniform colour, the speed of this process depends on the wood specie, surface treatment and the extend of light it is exposed to.
- Do not expose solid wood and veneers to excessive sunlight.
- Solid wood and veneers differ from specie to specie and batch to batch.
- Some solid woods and veneers may have more distinctive grain than others due to the wood being harvest from different trees in different regions and forests with different climates.
- These factors will result in each component having its own unique characteristics in term of appearance and aging.